Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with WLSE 2.12

mgriffit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since upgrading to WLSE 2.12 I've noticed that it's started doing a WLCCP authentication request via the WDS (AP-based) to our Cisco ACS 3.3.3 every 30 sconds without fail.

Is this a known bug or a new feature?

regards

Martyn

3 Replies 3

stschmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Are you positive it is the WLSE that is doing the request? Can you do the below and attach the output.

Go to the WLSE command line via telnet or SSH, login as admin, and use the following command:

dumptcp proto ip interface ethernet0 host log

where is ip address of the WDS AP or ACS server which is the destination. Allow the capture to run for 1.5 minutes or so if the interval you are seeing is 30 sec. After that, go to Admin->Appliance in the GUI and download a copy of the dumptcp.cap file and attach it here.

Usually this interaction is initiated by the WDS device.

Thanks.

Hi Stephen,

The main reason I believed it's the WLSE is becuase in the ACS logs it's the MAC address of the WLSE that is appearing in the "Caller-Id".

I've performed the tcpdump as requested and include the dump file.

best regards

Martyn

Hi,

I may have discovered what the problem is. On a recent posting (30 Jan 2006) called "WLSE WDS Authentication Issue" another user had problems with authentication of their WDS service. It would seem that I too may have been caught by bug CSCsb47726.

Because the authentication process is not quite working correctly, I suspect the WDS Access Point is trying to reauthenticate every 30 seconds to achieve "Security Keys Established" with the WLSE. At present it is only geting as far as "Authenticated".

This may also explain my problem with my WDS/WLSE/ Radio Management process not finding rogue access points since my recent upgrade to ACS 3.3.3 and WLSE 2.12.

I hope this helps others who may be in the same predicament.

regards

Martyn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card