Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Cisco CallManager 4.1 and ANI setup

Answered Question
Nov 24th, 2005
User Badges:

Dear All,

We have 30 extension configured in my CCM 4.1 I urgently need to setup 2 ANI on outbound extensions.

E.g. extension 1000-1010 when calling a party the number displayed will 180xxxxxx and same scenario on rest extension when they dial different number will be displayed on called party phone.

My vendor told me that CCM has no features for ANI setup which is quite hard to swallow, I seriously doubt Cisco can miss this on such a popular and powerful product.

Requesting Pros help asap.

thanks in advance.

Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 11 years 9 months ago

I am not sure if I understand your question completely. Do you want to display different ANI when you dial PSTN or internally. If PSTN you can apply External Phone Number Mask on the device line level, or route pattern. If you need to mask it for internal calls, then you can accomplish this using translation patterns. For example if you dial 1XXX from an IP phone with DN 2XXX, and need to mask ANI to 180XXXX, then you would have a translation pattern of 1XXX, which has calling number transformation set to 180XXXX. Make sure that the phone's CSS does not have a direct access to the phone's partition, only to the translation partition. And the partition CSS has access to the phone's partition.

Chris

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Chris Deren Thu, 11/24/2005 - 10:02
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

I am not sure if I understand your question completely. Do you want to display different ANI when you dial PSTN or internally. If PSTN you can apply External Phone Number Mask on the device line level, or route pattern. If you need to mask it for internal calls, then you can accomplish this using translation patterns. For example if you dial 1XXX from an IP phone with DN 2XXX, and need to mask ANI to 180XXXX, then you would have a translation pattern of 1XXX, which has calling number transformation set to 180XXXX. Make sure that the phone's CSS does not have a direct access to the phone's partition, only to the translation partition. And the partition CSS has access to the phone's partition.

Chris

bhattacharya.s Thu, 11/24/2005 - 10:37
User Badges:

Hi,

Go inside the line configuration of a phone and put in an External phone number mask.

On the route pattern that this phone will use, check the use calling party's external phone number mask.

Make sure that there isnt any transformation happening on routelist and gateway level. Also make sure that the TELCO isnt hardcoding anything on their switch.

So, when this phone will try to call an external number, it will hit that route pattern and the route pattern will send the phone's external mask out.

Let me know how things go.

Actions

This Discussion