cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn off alerting on shared lines (4.1(3)sr2)

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a department where users like to see when colleagues are on the phone. WIth no monitor lines in CCM, I'm using shared lines.

I have set the privacy option so colleagues can't see the details of an active call.

How can I turn off alerting on the shared lines so colleagues don't get information about the source of incoming calls ?

TIA,

Paul.

6 Replies 6

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

You need to go into the line properties of the shared line on the users phone that you dont want to ring and select "flash only" in the ring settings (active and idle).

Hope this helps.

Hi Paul,

I tried this but still the alerting information shows on the other users phone displays.

have you actually got this to work ?

Thanks,

Paul.

paul,

privacy is used normaly for "Barge" functionality. unfortunately shared line is the only way out to configure monitor lines for the phones. at the moment you can disable the ring settings on the lines but there is no way to disable/enable the calling number display for this line.

monitor feature is more of the wanted features but still not implemented in the ccm!

greetings

mehmet

I am having this issue as well. All my admin assistants want to do is simply monitor a line - they do not want to see when someone's line is on hold, etc. And furthermore - they don't want to see all the missed calls for the shared lines - this is really confusing them since they now do not know whose missed calls they were. I am literally having a revolt over this....and it's not going too well.

Although I have not used it, there is a 3rd party app which will monitor up to 15 lines directly onto the screen of a 7940/60/70.

If you are getting grief from your customer, maybe worth a go ....

http://www.andtek.com/product-group.html?language=english

B/w

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I will check this out!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: