Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of IOS 2502 Router

bala_nv
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have cisco 2502 router with 2 serial and 1 Tokenring ports, recently this router flash got corrupted , I have replaced FLASH Memory with 8MB single module(another slot is free).I tried download IOS into this router through Hyperterminal , but I couln't download , can any one give me right suggestion.

Here is procedure I tried.

I changed confregister to 0x0 and boot router into rommon mode(">" console). from Hyperterminal console I selected send file option and X-Modem protocol and try to send, I got the error "no response from remote". if can some one helps me in this regard that would be appreicate.

Balamurali NV

4 Replies 4

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Make sure you are following the procdure on the link below step-by-step. Make sure you are doing the xmodem command on the router before you send the file in Hyperterminal:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

Good luck

Steve

hi Thanks for your reply, but the problem is as per document when I boot this router into rommon mode , and i couldn't execute command "Xmodem". Here I am attachine screen capture of router after booting into ROMMON , please go through and advice how to proceed on this.

I appreciate your help sir :(

Bala

Hopefully you have an Rxboot image in the 2500. Lets try this.

>o/r 0x2101

>reset

When it reboots it should boot to Rxboot mode,

Router(boot)>

Router(boot)>enable

Router(boot)#

Rest of the steps to copy an image via TFTP are mentioned in this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a008009464c.shtml

PS: Please remember to rate replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I dont have ethernet port to my router I have only Token Ring and 2 Serial connections.

Bala

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card