cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAFS + WCCP

casablancag
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i configured the wafs engine with wccp. On my router i see the counter increasing but how can i verify if the File engine is performing well? How can use the Cisco Benchmark Tools with wccp ?

any help is apreciate!

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

pmugford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

To verify that WCCP is working correctly you need to look at the remote and local request counters on the CIFS page (Edge FE -> Monitoring -> CIFS) the local request counter should be increasing at a higher rate than the remote.

I would suggest having two pc's configured with the benchmark tool. On the router running WCCP use the global command ip wccp 89 redirect-list create an ACL with two entry's the 1st denying one PC-A and the second permitting PC-B. WCCP will now force PC-A to talk directly to the file server while PC-B will be redirected to the WAFS engine.

Now when the Benchmark tool is run there will be a significant difference in the results (the first time the tool is run on the WAFS enabled PC the results will be for first time access subsequent tests will provide even better results)

Hi

thank you for your answer. Unfortunelly the cifs counter are not increasing. On the router the counter are increasing but on my Edge FE I can't see nothing. If I do show wccp router then I see my router my the FE doesn't cache any document. Any suggestions ?

h0020w#show wccp flows cifs-cache

All counters are 0

h0020w#show bypass list

Client Server Entry type

------ ------ ----------

any-client:0 138.191.28.81:445 accept

any-client:0 138.191.28.81:139 accept

any-client:0 138.191.80.3:445 accept

any-client:0 138.191.80.3:139 accept

Hi

What router are you using and which IOS ver ???

Hi, i found the problem with the router. Our provider didn't configure it well. Now I have another problem with wccp. When I run wccp I can't print because an access denied on the print server(Windows 2000 Print Server). If I disable wccp it works well. Can I debug anything?

pmugford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

To verify that WCCP is working correctly you need to look at the remote and local request counters on the CIFS page (Edge FE -> Monitoring -> CIFS) the local request counter should be increasing at a higher rate than the remote.

I would suggest having two pc's configured with the benchmark tool. On the router running WCCP use the global command ip wccp 89 redirect-list create an ACL with two entry's the 1st denying one PC-A and the second permitting PC-B. WCCP will now force PC-A to talk directly to the file server while PC-B will be redirected to the WAFS engine.

Now when the Benchmark tool is run there will be a significant difference in the results (the first time the tool is run on the WAFS enabled PC the results will be for first time access subsequent tests will provide even better results)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: