Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Image Cleanup

Unanswered Question
Dec 7th, 2005
User Badges:

Dear Members:

I am currently creating a screen saver service for our 7940/7960 phones. I am having a problem converting our images to CIPs where they appear clean and clear. This is what I have tried thus far...

- All our images are in JPG format, I have converted them to GIF using Photoshop, so the images have not lost any format, they still look the same as opposed to using a simple conversion tool.

- I have shrunk each image to 65x65

- I have simply converted the image to CIP, but it looks fuzzy.

- I have tried to clear away the background to see if that would help...but to no avail.

I am really stuck with what I can try next. A basic question I was thinking of is can these images possibly be to enhanced for what the phones can handle. Is there a better way to do this, like is the only way by using the SDK photoshop plugin tool (Which I could not get to work BTW)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
JKersey Thu, 12/08/2005 - 08:01
User Badges:

I have been trying to change the logo on our 7960 phones and am having the same kind of problem. I have not been able to get the image to show up on the phone using the GIF2CIP utility. The only way I can get the image to show up on the phone is a .BMP file. It is fuzzy. the file is 125x90 pixels. Any ideas on a font that will show up clear?

aaronw.ca Mon, 12/12/2005 - 20:22
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Not sure if this URL will help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801c0764.shtml

and

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a0080406727.html#wp1033528

125x90 is too large for the phone to handle, it should be 125x60 (might be able to be 125x65, can't remember exactly...), max color depth of 2 bits (value of 0, 1, 2, or 3 as per the spec). You should be able to use an image editor to create a GIF, and then Gif2Cip the image. If your image is overly complicated, it may not appear as neatly as you might like due to limitations of the phone. Experiment a bit and you should be able to find something acceptable...

Actions

This Discussion