cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1760 & vwic2-1mft T1/E1

thomas.green
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1760 router and a sh ver does not show our newly added vwic2-mft1 T1/E1 as being installed in the unit. The IOS version on the 1760 is currently 12.2 (15) T5, what version of IOS is needed for this card? Thanks

13 Replies 13

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You need atleast 12.3.14T or higher to make this card to work.

PS: please remember to rate helpful replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

s.vyas
Level 1
Level 1

Pls check the mem in the router....if it can hold 12.3.x ver of IOS....

If it can not replace the card with Ver 1 series of t1 card.. It will work with 12.2.x

Hello,

I don´t want to add to a (possible) confusion, but according to the software advisor, the card is supported starting with IP Only 12.2(13)ZH5

c1700-y-mz.122-13.ZH5.

What happens when you try the command ´card type t1 X´ (or ´card type E1 X´), where X is the slot where the card is inserted to ?

Regards,

GP

I think GP is right on the fact that the controllers does not show up on the sh version, until you give the card type command. The vwic2s are capable of being configured as T1 or E1. So unless you specify it as either a t1 or e1 it wont show up.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

is the module listed under sh ver

If it is not it is not being recognised atall..

Then comes the configuration.

Shyam,

With NM-HDV2 and VWIC2s the port can be configured as a T1 or E1 port. So it wont show up on the sh version, nor will any controller config show up on the running config.

You have to go into global config mode, and specify,

config)#card type {t1|e1} x y

x = slot number

y = wic slot number

Once you specify this command you should get a syslog message saying, Controller is up and running.

Now if you go back to privelege mode and do a sh version, you should see

1 channelized T1 port.

HTMS.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

The command card type t1 0 does not work. Card type is not even an option. What feature set is required for this to work? I think that is my problem.

Thanks

a Sh ver does not show the card.

The command "card type E1 0" does not work, I get invalid input. I have upgraded to 12.3 17 IP only, I think I need a different feature set for this card to be seen? What feature set is needed for this card to be seen?

Hi

I think i m not adding any confusion to this thread..

As per the datasheet following cards are supported in 1760 router..

in that i dont c any of the cards which can work with both T1 and E1 connections..

VWIC-1MFT-T1 One-port FJ-48 multiflex trunk - T1

VWIC-2MFT-T1 Two-port RJ-48 multiflex trunk - T1

VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI Two-port RJ-48 multiflex trunk - T1 with drop and insert

VWIC-1MFT-E1 One-port RJ-48 multiflex trunk - E1

VWIC-2MFT-E1 Two-port RJ-48 multiflex trunk - E1

VWIC_2MFT-E1-DI Two-port RJ-48 multiflex trunk - E1 with drop and insert

VWIC-1MFT-G.703 One-port RJ-48 multiflex trunk - E1 G.703

VWIC-2MFT-G.703 Two-port RJ-48 multiflex trunk - E1 G.703

VIC2-2FXS Two-port Voice Interface Card - FXS

VIC2-2FXO Two-port Voice Interface Card - FXO (Universal)

VIC2-4FXO Four-port Voice Interface Card - FXO (Universal)

VIC2-2E/M Two-port Voice Interface Card - E and M

VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE Two-port Voice Interface Card - BRI (NT and TE)

I would suggest to post out the exact show version o/p and the show controllers o/p here also refer this link to check the cards supported by 1760 series.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_data_sheet09186a00800920f2.html

regds

Thomas,

Can you do a "card type" and press a question mark (?) from global configuration mode.

What do you see ?

Do you see options for t1 as well as e1 ? Can you paste the output ?

Also depending upon the slot in which you have put the card, the slot / port number will change from 0 to 1,2,3 etc.

To answer Edwin's suggestioon, when I checked FAQ for vwic2-2mft-t1/e1, it does say 1760s are supported (with a min. of 12.3.14T)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_qanda_item0900aecd8028d2e5.shtml

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

I get % Invalid input detected at '^' marker when I type in card type in global configuration mode. I believe that the the IOS feture set is incorrect. I have installed the 12.3.17 IP feature set. What feature set is needed to make this card work?

Thomas,

Forgot about the feature set. Yes you are right, it looks mostly a feature set issue. You need a IP Plus for a minimum. See this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml

PS: Please remember to rate helpful replies

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco