Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not upgrade image on msfc sup 720

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

Tring to convert the switch from catos to native. When i loginto the msfc and try to download the new image it tells me that i have a socket error. i can not even ping the tftp server from msfc. All configs are default as it is a brand new switch.

Router#ping

Protocol [ip]:

% Unknown protocol - "", type "ping ?" for help

Router#

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Parwal,

Have you configured any ip address on any vlan in MSFC. I do not think that theer is any ip address on MSFC so when you try to ping your tftp server what will be source and that is the reason you are getting an error as I do not think IP protocol is activated on any interface.

Also to convert CATOS to IOS why are you going to MSFC. Tou should be on sup and take it to rommom state and go ahead with the procedure.

Please read this link to convert CATOS to IOS on sup 720

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/473/81.html#conv_720

Also when you are on sup remember to assign an ip address to SC0 in terface on CATOS and assign it to vlan to which your TFTP srever is connected by default it in vlan 1 on all the ports.

HTH

Ankur

Hi Parwal,

can you just confirm you want to convert from CATOS to IOS or just want to upgrade the IOS on MSFC because your problem tittle says you just want to upgarde image on MSFC?

HTH

Ankur

Ankur

Thanks for the input, i am converting from Catos to IOS, the doc says that i should go to MSFC and download the IOS file there as well.

Correct me if i am wrong. so i am downloading s72033-ipservices_wan-mz.122-18.SXF.bin on boot bootflash of SP and Flash of RP.

Thanks

Hi Parwal,

I am not exactly sure about this image "s72033-ipservices_wan-mz.122-18.SXF.bin" as i am not sure about the part in the image which is "ipservices_wan" but with the starting name convention of the image says it is NATIVE IOS for sup 720 "s72033" but as per the doc which I have send you I thin kyou can boot this from disk0: if you have one.

Also you jsut need to make sure your RP and sup both are in rommon but I do not think you need to have this image in RP bootflash

Regards,

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: