cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I cannot get split tunnel working on asa5510

dazford
Level 1
Level 1

I can connect using the cisco vpn client and talk to the internal network. As soon as i connect to the vpn i cannot access the internet via the vpn tunnel or the local internet at the workstation. Attatched is the config.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is your problem:

access-list VPN_Tunnel_splitTunnelAcl standard permit any

group-policy VPN_Tunnel_1 attributes

split-tunnel-network-list value VPN_Tunnel_splitTunnelAcl

So you've defined a split tunnel access-list, but it says "permit any" which means encrypt all traffic. your split tunnel ACL must specify the networks that you want encrypted, so change the ACL to something like:

access-list VPN_Tunnel_splitTunnelAcl standard permit 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0

The next time you connect you will only encrypt traffic for the 192.168.0.0/24 network. You can add more lines to your ACL if you want to tunnel more networks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is your problem:

access-list VPN_Tunnel_splitTunnelAcl standard permit any

group-policy VPN_Tunnel_1 attributes

split-tunnel-network-list value VPN_Tunnel_splitTunnelAcl

So you've defined a split tunnel access-list, but it says "permit any" which means encrypt all traffic. your split tunnel ACL must specify the networks that you want encrypted, so change the ACL to something like:

access-list VPN_Tunnel_splitTunnelAcl standard permit 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0

The next time you connect you will only encrypt traffic for the 192.168.0.0/24 network. You can add more lines to your ACL if you want to tunnel more networks.

Thanks for the reply. i will edit the config in the next week or so and post back the results.

Thanks again!

Sorry for the delay, flat out at christmas time.

I have specified the network as you said and all is well. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card