cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

migrating from VM only to Unified Messaging

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We are doing a large scale rollout for VM only for Phase I. Phase II we want to move to UM. We would do it now, but budgeting, planning and colocated Exchange services will not happen. Are there any articles that Cisco has posted on these steps to take? We would eventually migrage to UM, but want to plan now on it BEFORE we install Phase I. So to do this, we would do things such as:

Same user names

Similar aliass in Exchange and Unity

Anything to make it move easier when we are ready.

Thanks

Tommer

2 Replies 2

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

See the following White Paper., The White Paper was written for Cisco Unity 3.1(x), however the information still applies to 4.(x) with the expception of licensing which has changed from a hardware key to a software key (Flex LM).

Installing Cisco Unity Voice Messaging in Anticipation of Migrating to Cisco Unity Unified Messaging (Version 3.1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a0080109775.shtml#30921

yeah, I found that late yesterday and looked it. Just what I was thinking, but they avoided the question, "what happens to the old voicemails on VM Unity server" I think that is where we as engineers have to use an MS tool like Exmerge or a third party migration tool to export the messages and import the existing Exchange srever in the production domain.

anyone with prior expierence out there?