cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDC through a PIX

CSCO10663272
Level 1
Level 1

I can RDC to the inside network with a VPN, but can you connect to the inside using RDC without a VPN.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies 3

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Yes you can so long as you have the static configured for the RDC server. Please note that with version 7.0, if you have a routable IP address for the RDC server, you can turn off NAT with the "no nat-control" command which will not require you to configure static for the RDC. Bottom line is your RDC client needs to be able to reach to the RDC server. Based on what you are saying, it appears that you have private IP address of the RDC server, hence you would require static and an ACL applied on the outside interface to allow the traffic to the RDC server.

Hope this helps !

Mynul Hoda

CISSP, CCIE # 9159

Author: Cisco Network Security Troubleshooting Handbook -http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587051893

Thanks Mynul , thats done the trick, many thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

THANKS!!

Hi,

I can access from my outside network RDC to the internal network ok.

How ever from the same outside host I know can't access the PDM from the outside host.

I have created a ACL on the outside allowing outside access in to host 172.16.0.16(outside host)tcp any to host 172.17.17.2 tcp 3389 which seams ok.

Inside IP 172.17.17.1

Outside 172.16.0.194

NAT and PAT

inside any 0.0.0.0 to outside 172.160.194(interface PAT)

Also have a static from inside 172.17.17.2( inside host) to 172.16.0.194(outside interface)

Why does this kill my PDM access from the outside host.

Thanks for any help in advance

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card