Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PIX 501 & Linksys WRT54G

gunnar2300
Level 1
Level 1

Need help with my network set up.

I have a Cisco PIX 501 connected to my Cable router and a Linksys wireless router WRT54G connected to my Cisco PIX 501. I have a server connected to the PIX and my workstations (wireless laptops) connect to the linksys.

Everything is able to hit the internet but I don’t have a connection between the server and laptops.

So my guess is that I have not configured the two routers to communicate properly.

There is a crossover cable between the routers and my PIX IP is 192.168.1.1 and the linksys is 192.168.1.41

If you guy have any suggestion please send them my way.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

gunnar2300
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I figured out how to fix my problem.

The cable going from the Cisco to the Linksys needed to be plugged into one of the four basic ports, not the internet port.

I had it plugged into the Internet port, so the Linksys router acted as everything on the Cisco side of the network was external, hence the problem.

I also disabled the DHCP on the Linksys, the Linksys Router is basically acting as a wireless switch.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone out there came across the same problem.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: