Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Broadcast alert

Unanswered Question
Jan 4th, 2006
User Badges:

hello all

we have a Call Mnagaer software version 4 and we need if there is a critical situation like a fire or something to call all phones and have auto answer on so that an administator or the one who notice the critical situation can say his/her message to all people at the same time.....is that possible

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Wed, 01/04/2006 - 06:48
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

You could setup line 2 on each phone as a shared line with Auto Answer enabled. But your best bet would probably be to get an application such as Berbee InformaCast, which can now be ordered from CCO.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/IPCApps?page=Applications_Showcase5

Chris

telkholy Wed, 01/04/2006 - 08:53
User Badges:

thanks for ur response, but I tried shared line and when I tried Auto answer it was not supported. but any way thanks very much 4 ur time, and I will try the link u write and i will give u a feedback

telkholy Wed, 01/04/2006 - 09:09
User Badges:

we are not allowed to use any more products, I think the call manager should support such a feature it is not a big deal as i think, but as a reply for u call manager doesnot support paging, i think it is callmanager express that support it

I think ot intercom and I am trying to utilize this feature, but the bad news that I jusr read that it is not supported for a group of phones, it is just two phones.

it seems that it needs a non traditional solution, I am working on it and if u have any new idea plz send to me, and thanks alot for ur time and help

Actions

This Discussion