Views
Helpful
Replies

span atm port on ethernet port

hmadrang23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to know if there is a way to mirror the IP traffic of the ATM port of a 3640 router to a fast ethernet port of this router.

thanks

HM

4 Replies 4

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

You should be able to use the 'IP Traffic Export' feature to do this.

Something like the following should work for you:

ip traffic-export profile

interface (outgoing-ethernet-interface-name>

bidirectional ! use this to exports incoming and outgoing IP traffic on the monitored interface

mac-address <48-bit address of the destination host that is receiving the exported traffic>

!

interface

ip traffic-export apply profile

The host that is receiving the exported traffic should be directly connected to one of the router interfaces.

The following URL has more info on this.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hsec_c/part30/h_rawip.htm

Hope that helps.

Paresh.

PS. Pls rate helpful posts.

Hi

thanks for this very interesting answer.

But I read the URL and I see that it could impact performance of the router.

I would prefer a solution using port snooping.

At this URL : http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/l3sw/8540/rel_12_0/w5_15/config/8500int.htm#wp1030238

it says that the snooping source port could be at any interface so the ATM interface but it is for the 8540 model. Is ıt the same for a 3640?

thanks

The 8540 is a catalyst-based switching/routing platform and has a very different architecture to the 3640 platform.

I don't believe a port snooping feature is available on the router platforms.

As for the performance impact, it only applies on the outbound port where the captured traffic is being sent. There is no other impact on router performance as such.

Hope that helps,

Paresh.

ok, thank you very much for your answers

İ will do some tests with IP export

Bye

HM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card