Views
Helpful
Replies

Beeping when accessing outside line (9)

dknov
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

When I press "9" to access outside line, right before I hear the outside dial-tone (all relevant route-patterns are configured to provide outside dial-tone) I hear three very quick beeping sounds and then comes a dial-tone.

I have quite a few route-patterns for accessing PSTN (hence using outside dial-tone). Does anyone know what could be causing this beeping? I suspect that I have some checkbox checked on one of the route-patterns, I just want to know where to look.

Thanks,

David

1 Reply 1

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

The only thing I can think of offhand is the three quick beeps could be from either having FAC/CMC enabled on the route patterns or MusicOnHold is being invoked by a quick hold (network-hold).

You hear 3 quick beeps for tone on hold (no music file or when MOH server is not running) when someone is put on hold, or a network-hold is done by ccm for some reason. As a quick troubleshooting/isolation step, you could set the tone on hold timer value under call manager service parameters to 200000, this disabled the 3 quick beeps at start of hold.

Are there any partition/region differences, mtp, etc for where these route patterns are going? Overlapping dialplan and it's trying something else also?

A CCM Detailed trace would give the details on what is happening and causing it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: