cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1/2 of phones registered to SRST gateway

aod
Level 1
Level 1

I had an incident this afternoon where 1/2 of our phones were stuck in "CM List" when trying to chnage to failback mode. We lost a circuit. 1/2 of the phones went into SRST while the other 1/2 tried but were stuck in CM list. Any idea what could have caused the 1/2 not to re-registed to SRST gateway?

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Have you tested SRST on this router before where all phones have registered to the router ? how many phones are in question and how does your SRST config look like (call-manager-fallback - sub commands)

Also what router platform is in question ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

It has been successfully tested before. I don't know the level of severity. Command is manager-fallback. We are using a 3845.

I was specifically interested in the sub-commands under call-manager-fallback mode. Have you limited the total number of phones to less than the total number of phones you have ? (max-ephones 3845 should support upto 720 phones.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Specifically, we have 250. I know that we could support more. What happens if we have more than 250 trying to register to the gateway?

3845s support upto 720 phones. The number of phones that can register is limited by the max-ephones command. What do you have set that to ? Also are you using a Class B or Class C subnet for that many phones ? A class holds only 254 addresses and you may have to create additional voice vlans, or subnets to supports phones more than 250. I am not sure if there was enough ip address left in your dhcp pool, that could have also caused the problem.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

We have enough ip address. I suspect it's a ephone configuration (not enough phones configured) and a bug issue (CSCsa97383).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: