Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

CallManager communication with Radio Station

Unanswered Question
Jan 10th, 2006
User Badges:

I am looking for some suggestions on how to allow a CallManager solution to integrate with a Radio Station. Does anyone have an idea of the type equipment I might need to make that connection from the CallManager solution to the radio station equipment. The goal is to take a CallManager installation that is already in place and being used in production to connect to/communicate with a radio station that is on the same campus to allow callers to call in and then be put "on air" if the DJ wants to have a public discussion. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pradeepde Mon, 01/16/2006 - 08:07
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

The Cisco 3800 Series can provide a complete wireless solution for branch offices, small/medium sized businesses, and Wi-Fi hotspots. Wireless services enable greater mobility for employees, partners, and customers, resulting in increased productivity. The Cisco 3800 Series supports an integrated access point for wireless LAN connectivity, Wi-Fi Hotspot services for public access, wireless infrastructure services for cordless WLAN telephony and for larger sites, and land mobile radio over IP for radio users.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016a8e8.html

travis-dennis_2 Mon, 01/16/2006 - 08:43
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Since most radio stations already have a way to patch standard analog phone calls into the broadcast another solution might be usage of a VG248 or on a smaller scale an ATA186. Seems like it would work pretty well.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

Rob Huffman Mon, 01/16/2006 - 10:33
User Badges:
  • Super Red, 40000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Jason,

Travis is right (as usual!!). We use analog ports from a VG248 to connect our Campus radio station. The analog ports can be bridged into your audio equipment and work like a charm.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Jason Pennell Tue, 01/17/2006 - 05:33
User Badges:

Sounds great. Thank you everyone for all of your replies and help. I'll give this a shot and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Jason,

All of the Studios have PC's so we were able to use Cisco IP Communicator to interface with their sound mixer via the sound card. So they are setup with a 7960 and a CIPC phone using shared lines. If they want to put someone on the air they put them on hold and pick it up on the CIPC and they are on the air.

Jason Pennell Tue, 01/17/2006 - 10:32
User Badges:

Thanks for the update Dave. I got your email that you sent yesterday. I'm glad its working. I'll contact you this week about the MOH configuration.

Jason

Rob Huffman Tue, 01/17/2006 - 13:37
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

travis-dennis_2 Wed, 01/18/2006 - 10:17
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Rob, I am sorry I missed that post the first time around! I am truly humbled to the core. I genuinely appreciate the acknowledgement. I am pretty sure I am speaking for everyone else named as well. This forum has grown far beyond what Cisco and the end user community has ever imagined that sometimes it is easy to forget how much of an impact this site has. I have learned a ton from just reading the posts.

This kind of input makes it a sheer joy to try and solve an issue for someone and further highlights the need for everyone to rate all replies. The rating system really helps people weed through a lot of answers in a short amount of time so everyone please remember to rate all replies to your questions. If I throw a stinker out there let me know but also if someone really helps you out just 30 seconds of your time (for something you may have been banging your head on the wall for all day) is a small price to pay.

Thanks again Rob!

Rob Huffman Thu, 01/19/2006 - 08:13
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

Hi Travis ... no worries! I have to agree with you that anyone who will take the time to ask a question on the forum must also be willing to take the time to Thank people and rate the replies.I spent most of the first 3 or 4 months after I found these forums just reading and learning and was blown away with the quality and scope of the answers that were being offered by the Netpros! I had never experienced anything in my work life that compared to this. Any help I had received in the past would have come from a "coffee room" chat with my co-workers or a formal request to a vendor or support company. Now I had found that to my amazement, I had access to a whole world of people who were going through the same issues I was. It was a feeling of enpowerment that I cannot describe in words. I also vowed at that time that I would throw in my 2 cents worth every once in a while and would always Thank and rate those who helped me. If I see a thread with a great answer for someone elses question I might try to give a nod to that Netpro as well. As you said Travis it only takes a minute to try and make sure that the great people out there who are answering our questions know that they are appreciated!!

To you and all the other Newbies and Netpros keep on Rockin and remember to rate all helpful posts !!

PS. Throw in a nice Thankyou once in a while as well!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion