Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

No Internet Access Through A PIX 501

Unanswered Question
Jan 10th, 2006
User Badges:

Hi,

I have a Cisco 831 and wanted to replace it with a PIX 501, but I can’t get any activity through the outside interface on the 501. It is a Static DSL line, and I have the 831 configured the same way, but I can’t access the internet with the 501, but I can get access from the 831. The DSL modem is dumb and only has bridge capabilities. It should be straight forward but for some reason it’s turning out to be a real pain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Norm

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
andrew.butterworth Tue, 01/10/2006 - 11:32
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

It's probably worth posting the configuration of the PIX. At a minimum you will need a permit ACL and this applied to both the inside & outside interfaces:

access-list allow-all-traffic permit ip any any

!

access-group allow-all-traffic in interface inside

access-group allow-all-traffic in interface outside

HTH

Andy

nderome77 Wed, 01/11/2006 - 12:57
User Badges:

Sorry….I disconnected it and set up the 831, but I do remember the configuration and currently the access list allows all traffic on both interfaces. I’ve worked with the 501 in the past, but never ran into a problem like this. Originally I thought it was a hardware issue, and I returned the firewall to my vender and replaced it with a new one, but I have the same exact issue.

Actions

This Discussion