Views
Helpful
Replies

No Internet Access Through A PIX 501

nderome77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 831 and wanted to replace it with a PIX 501, but I can’t get any activity through the outside interface on the 501. It is a Static DSL line, and I have the 831 configured the same way, but I can’t access the internet with the 501, but I can get access from the 831. The DSL modem is dumb and only has bridge capabilities. It should be straight forward but for some reason it’s turning out to be a real pain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Norm

2 Replies 2

It's probably worth posting the configuration of the PIX. At a minimum you will need a permit ACL and this applied to both the inside & outside interfaces:

access-list allow-all-traffic permit ip any any

!

access-group allow-all-traffic in interface inside

access-group allow-all-traffic in interface outside

HTH

Andy

Sorry….I disconnected it and set up the 831, but I do remember the configuration and currently the access list allows all traffic on both interfaces. I’ve worked with the 501 in the past, but never ran into a problem like this. Originally I thought it was a hardware issue, and I returned the firewall to my vender and replaced it with a new one, but I have the same exact issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: