cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Protocol not in this image

mpabilona
Level 1
Level 1

When we configure the 2600 router with "router bgp", we noticed an error message "Protocol not in this image" ? Is this related to the current IOS version which does not support BGP ? Any idea ?

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IPBASE-M), Version 12.3(6e), RELEASE SOFTWARE

(fc3)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Fri 01-Apr-05 03:01 by hqluong

Image text-base: 0x80008098, data-base: 0x80ED1544

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r) [cmong 8r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: C2600 Software (C2600-IPBASE-M), Version 12.3(6e), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

slu-gw2650xm uptime is 5 weeks, 5 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes

System returned to ROM by reload

System image file is "flash:c2600-ipbase-mz.123-6e.bin"

cisco 2650XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x301) with 125952K/5120K bytes of

memory.

Processor board ID FOC08371TUB (2995179721)

M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2

Bridging software.

X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.

1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

2 Serial(sync/async) network interface(s)

2 ATM network interface(s)

32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

I feel u need to go for atleast IP PLUS feature set from the current IP BASE feature set to have BGP enabled in ur router..

i did give a fair try for 2650XM but couldnt find any IP BASE S/W code supporting BGP ..

regds

In this discussion it may be helpful to distinguish differences of version and of feature set. The original post indicated this about the software that they were running:

IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IPBASE-M), Version 12.3(6e), RELEASE SOFTWARE

This tells us that the version is 12.3(6e) and the feature set is IPBASE. Version 12.3(6e) certainly supports BGP but as Edwin points out the feature set IPBASE does not. So the original poster would need to change the feature set of the software (not necessarily the version) to get support for BGP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Does anyone out there know of a website that has a list of what features are on each feature set? This has been an anomaly since I have been working on Cisco equipment. I know I can go look up a feature and see what feature set supports it but wouldn't it be nice to know at least what the subsets are.

What I mean is IP base has a set of features IP PLus has a set of features but what is it that IP Plus has that IP base doesn't?

Mike

Different tools from Cisco site, such as software advisor, Cisco feature navigator allows you to make this comparison.

Unfortunately, you have to have a higher level access than guest to access this tool.

Check out

http://www.cisco.com/public/support/tac/tools.shtml

Mike

I think you can get what you want by going to CCO, to Technical Support, to Tools and Resources, to Software Advisor, to Compare the Features in Different Software Releases, fill in appropriate router identification, then pick a release and feature sets to compare. This gives a pretty complete listing of features unique to each feature set and a list of features common to both feature sets. It is a pretty nice tool and should provide the information that you are talking about.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card