cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

peer to peer across vpn

raj.bansal
Level 1
Level 1

I got customer that wants to do IP VideoConferencing over a VPN. So they want to connect to a VPN3000 as two endpoints, give each other their IP and do IP Video. I talked to TAC and they said its not supported becuase of dynamic IP. TACs reasoning doesn't seem justified. Anyone else knows 1. if its supported and 2. if not, why not?

Thanks.

Raj

5 Replies 5

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

you mentioned vpn3000. just wondering if you are referring to the cisco vpn client software or the vpn concentrator.

vpn3000 concentrator. I am using the cisco vpn client to connect to concentrator.

vpn client <--> www <--> concentrator

you mentioned video conferencing, just wondering if it's between the vpn client pc and a host behind the concentrator, if so, it should be no drama. the only limitation is that vpn client has to initiate the vpn first.

no..these are two users from internet vpn in to vpn3000 and then tell each other their ip and then video confernece.

Raj ,

The VPN tunnel exists only between the user and the VPN endpoint, If one of the users is behind the VPN endpoint , then yes he can give his IP to the VPN user and setup the IP Video session. But , if two users connect via www to the VPN , then what the TAC said is true ,

Karthik.