Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM CVP Rona calls

tnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I m implementing the CVP solution, everything is working fine except the RONA (Ring on non Answer).

I mean RONA are working only if the agents are using the AgentDeskSetting For CVP calls (without a ‘ring no answer dialed number’ set).

But in my case, most of the agents have a "regular" Agent Desk Settings" with a 'ring no answer dialed number'. (CVP is installed for the multisite, Original installation was CCM,ICM and IP-IVR)

So I m wondering how can you treat the RONA CVP calls on the agents with a regular 'ADS', these Agents are handling mostly standard calls (IP-IVR, CCM, ICM) and also the calls coming from the multisites handled by CVP (GW, AS, VB).

Cisco Documentation :When using IPCC with CVP as a queuing point and routing client, Re-route On No Answer needs to be

configured differently than when using it with IP-IVR. The difference is caused by the fact that when

using IP-IVR the call control is with CallManager whereas, with CVP, the call control is with CVP.

note : IP-IVR and IP CallManager do not support Target Requery.

So how can you mix RONA CVP Calls with RONA IP-IVR calls.

Do you have any idea guys?

Note : I performed some tests, I found a partial solution but the problem is, the trick doesnt put my Agent in the not Ready State.

Documentation says : When usingCVP, set RNATimeout to the desired number of seconds that

the agent phone should ring before being taken away. This would probably be less than 15 seconds

(4 rings), perhaps 10s. In any case, this timeout must be longer than the Re-route On No Answer

timeout set in the Agent Desk Settings.

In my solution I put the VB setRNATimeout lower than the ADS value. In this configuration, the ring no anwser Dialed number, doesnt disturb me. But as I said, the agent still remain in Ready mode.

CCM : 4.0

ICM 6.0

IPIVR(CRS) : 3.5.2

CVP : 3.0

9 Replies 9

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Interesting question.

Just to reassure you, Reroute on No Answer does work correctly with CVP and the Cisco docmentation is descriptive and accurate.

The value in the Voice Browser causes the call to be taken back and the value in the Agent Desk Settings causes the agent to be flipped to Not Ready.

With CVP you can't have a RONA dialed number (on a peripheral) configured, and you have to set up router requery with increased priority as shown in the CVP Guide.

This doesn't help you with your mixed environment. What a challenge.

The only solution I can think of is to not use RONA at all and have the Agent Desk Settings configured with auto answer.

I personally think RONA has limited value, although some customers like it. I think it's bad customer service. If I was running a call center and an agent was in the ready state, I expect that they are at their desk and ready to answer. If not, I'd sack them.

You can see why I'm not in Human Resources. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

We have an interesting "issue" on a CVP SR1 with IPCC 6.0 implementation where assigning a Dialed Number in the ADS is actuall working.

For Example:

SetRNATimeout = 60

ADS Timeout = 15

ADS Dialed Number = 9000

After a call is sent to an agent, it RONA's after 15 seconds and is routed to the Dialed Number 9000 which triggers the RONA script. Its operating just like IPCCe with IP IVR.

This is AWESOME because we don't have the issue of a CVP script routing a call to a non agent or PSTN number and getting pulled back by the SetRNATimeout.

I have a few other implementations of IPCCe with CVP and its NOT working like this.....it works "as designed" where having a Dialed Number on ADS doesn't work. I have poured over the configurations on each of the implementations trying to figure out why the Dialed Number works on the ADS.

I wish Cisco could come in and have a look at this customer and figure out why so it can replicated as its the most desireable solution in my opinion.

adignan - berbee

jwolfeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's exactly the problem you would run into if you try to rearrange the timeouts as you did. With both CVP and IP-IVR, you do want the ADS RNA timeout to occur; otherwise the agent will remain ready and will keep on receiving LAA calls from ICM. But with IP-IVR you want the new route request to come from the Call Manager routing client, so the label can be returned to the Call Manager, whereas with CVP you want the new route request (actually, the requery) to come from CVP, so the label can be returned to CVP. If, when you're using CVP, you let the ADS issue the new route request, you will end up sending the next label back to CVP before CVP has finished waiting for the first transfer to RNA. That causes messages to stack up could cause the call to hang.

So bottom line, I don't believe there's any way to have one agent use both kinds of RONA techniques.

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your post.

Indeed the RONA in CVP mode is working well.

As you said the "challenge" is to mix "Standard ADS" and "CVP ADS". I m afraid also that is not possible.

The workaround with the VB-setRNATimeout lower than ADS timeout can perform the requery, but in this way ADS is not triggered to pass the Agent in NOTReady state. Hard choice, but at least I m not loosing the call.

I tried also the following scenario (but too much collateral damage on the CTIOS agent desktop) :

I put 13seconds on the ADS and a DN (so an usual ADS re routing on DN)

And I set the VB setRNATimeout 14seconds.

So the normal settings asked, except for the DN in the ADS.

Results : Agent is going to Not ready by ADS and VB can requery almost simultanously the call.

Everything seems working fine.

But sometimes you can see the "call history" stucks in the CTIOS Agent desktop (due certainly to the re-routed done by ADS DN, depending of the ICM router charge may be), but I never loose the call, VB can always requery the call.

Note : If the SetRNAtimeout is too far from the ADS timeout, the ADS is re-routing the call on the ADS DN, and by this way when the call is ringing on the phone you always get a Bad Call reference ID (due to call is not anymore routed by CVP)

But if the both timeout are well arrange, may be a better workaround than the VB timeout setting lower than ADS Timeout.

Anyway in the future my customer wants full CVP environment.

For agents with Regular ADS, with CVP Calls, Here is an idea.

For CVP Calls, set a ECC Variable call CVPCall to 1

For Non-CVP Calls, set the CVPCall variable to 0

So, if call RONA's to a dialed number, Check the ECC Variable. Based on that you can perform a target Requery or do the usual way of doing RONA.

Does that solve the issue?

The CVP Rona as I can see is based on the requery target, that means the Call still remain in the same script.

When the ADS is rerouting the call to another script, I m not sure that the call is correctly handled.

Geoff,

We have an interesting "issue" on a CVP SR1 with IPCC 6.0 implementation where assigning a Dialed Number in the ADS is actuall working.

For Example:

SetRNATimeout = 60

ADS Timeout = 15

ADS Dialed Number = 9000

After a call is sent to an agent, it RONA's after 15 seconds and is routed to the Dialed Number 9000 which triggers the RONA script. Its operating just like IPCCe with IP IVR.

This is AWESOME because we don't have the issue of a CVP script routing a call to a non agent or PSTN number and getting pulled back by the SetRNATimeout.

I have a few other implementations of IPCCe with CVP and its NOT working like this.....it works "as designed" where having a Dialed Number on ADS doesn't work. I have poured over the configurations on each of the implementations trying to figure out why the Dialed Number works on the ADS.

I wish Cisco could come in and have a look at this customer and figure out why so it can replicated as its the most desireable solution in my opinion.

adignan - berbee

chleblan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I posted a reply on our new CVP Developer's Forum:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums?src=/forums/thread.jspa%3FthreadID%3D29392%26tstart%3D0

Regards,

-Chris

eliptsin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could trans-route to one of the VRUs - IPIVR or CVP before getting to Queue to Skill Group Node and use one type of RNA treatment

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: