cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie question about NAT on Frame relay

racanelv
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a location that will be installing a Sonicwall firewall behind a Cisco 1720.

Currently there is a public IP on serial0.1 and a private IP on Fa0 with NAT enabled.

We will be turning off NAT on the Router and using the Firewall to establish NAT with the exposed public IP. Generally I want have the Cisco become a transparent device.

I'm under the assumption that all I need to do is turn off NAT on all interfaces and then change the IP on fa0 to a public IP that is in the same range as the Public IP I will be setting for the Sonicwall's WAN IP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

That will do it... I presume you already have a default on your 1720 that points to your serial0.1 interface ?

Also ensure that your ISP has rote pointing back at your for the public IP subnet that you will be using on the link between the firewall and the 1720.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does...

Regards,

Paresh.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

That will do it... I presume you already have a default on your 1720 that points to your serial0.1 interface ?

Also ensure that your ISP has rote pointing back at your for the public IP subnet that you will be using on the link between the firewall and the 1720.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does...

Regards,

Paresh.

This added a little bit more information to confirmation that I had received from an associate. You're help is greatly apprecieated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card