Views
Helpful
Replies

Dell 1450 Wireless USB and LEAP

psoltesz
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I try to use Dell 1450 wireless USB adapter wich is WiFi certified and Cisco Compatible

to connect our network over an Cisco 1231 AP. Other network adapters works well such intel 2100 or intel 2200 adapters.

I can configure the DELL adapter same, but its dont work.

I foud only one type of message while i debug :

Jan 24 18:36:07.936: Client 0014.a501.92f1 failed: WPAIE not found and required

But I cannot found anithing on Cisco site

in connection with this message.

Can anybody help me?

what is this message?

How can i configure our network or adapter to use it well?

With thans,

Peter

2 Replies 2

rupert.wever
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the client is not seeing the required Information Elements on the beacon(s).

See similar case for 7920 support mode. 7920 contains two options:

•Support for 7920 phones that require call admission control (CAC) to be configured on and advertised by the client device (these are typically older 7920 phones)

•Support for 7920 phones that require CAC to be configured on and advertised by the access point (these are typically newer 7920 phones)

---------------------------

When access-point-controlled CAC is enabled, the access point sends out a Cisco proprietary CAC Information Element (IE) and does not send out the standard QBSS IE.

Enter this command to enable 7920 support mode for phones that require client-controlled CAC:

config wlan 7920-support client-cac-limit {enabled | disabled} wlan-id

Note You cannot enable both WMM mode and client-controlled CAC mode on the same wireless LAN.

Enter this command to enable 7920 support mode for phones that require access-point-controlled CAC:

config wlan 7920-support ap-cac-limit {enabled | disabled} wlan-id

See this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008052d9e9.html

Hi,

The solution is download the newest driver for DELL device. The setup is same as before, but it works :).

Regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card