cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone see this error on the WLSE?

dave.horn
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday I noticed I started getting the following error messag on the WLSE when trying to view an AP config from within the WLSE

"Login failed, wrong credentials provided or Telnet/SSH disabled on this device" I never received that message before. I also now lack the ability to push an image out to the AP and feel the problems are related. The only thing that was changed on the WLSE was a patch upgrade to fix a date problem when trying to run a report. I ran the patch upgrade a few weeks ago, fixed the problem I had, went on vacation, and came back and noticed this new problem.

Has anyone out there seen/experienced this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gibsthomas
Level 1
Level 1

I saw that message today !.. You just have to goto the telnet/ssh page for client devices and probably reconfigure the username and password. that worked for me

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

It is possible that the telnet / ssh passwords were changed on the AP's but the credentials on the WLSE were not updated.

As a result, the WLSE can no longer telnet / ssh to the AP's

gibsthomas
Level 1
Level 1

I saw that message today !.. You just have to goto the telnet/ssh page for client devices and probably reconfigure the username and password. that worked for me

I followed your advice and re-configured the telnet/SSH user/password page on the WLSE and everything started working. Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card