Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1231G with netgear WG602 v3

stephnane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a Cisco AP 1231G, which is connected on the LAN. I purchased a Netgear WG602v3) to configure it as a "wifi client" to connect a printer on its RJ45 port.

I configured the Netgear and it detects the Cisco, but the Cisco doesn't detect the MAC address of the Netgear in the event log...

Any clue to help me ?

Tks

Bonjour.

Je veux utiliser mon Netgear WG602 pour récupérer le signal WIFI d'un antenne AP Cisco 1200 et renvoyer du réseau sur la sortie Ethernet.

J'ai configuré mon Netgear en Bridge, il détecte bien l'adresse MAC de la Cisco et m'affiche le niveau de réception du signal.

Cependant, sur la Cisco, je ne vois pas trace du NETGEAR alors que je vois les adresses MAC d'autres matériels WIFI.

Du coup, pas moyen de faire répéteur ...

J'arrive à me connecter avec mon PC soit à la Netgear, soit à la Cisco, donc la config est relativement proche pour que ça marche ...

Merci

1 Reply 1

fredn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using the Netgear as a WGB (Workgroup Bridge)?? if so the client may not be a true 802.11 client (as WGB's are not defined by 802.11) so it may not show up in the log? . Also you might want to look for the MAC address of the end node device (is it there). I would try a different device acting like a client (for example, setup another AP1231AG in WGB mode) that should work fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card