cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1721 crash and go into ROMMonitor mode when install a MOD1700-VPN card

FXCL3725Smart
Level 1
Level 1

1721 router with 128M Dram , 32M Flash , c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.124-4.T1.bin ios file, when MOD1700-VPN inserted , the router will go into Rom Monitor mode ,

here is the message of console:

System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r)XM2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac

Copyright (c) 2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.

C1700 platform with 131072 Kbytes of main memory

program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xd9a57c

Self decompressing the image : ###################################################################################################################################################################################################################################### [OK]

Error : uncompressed image checksum is incorrect 0x16292627

Expected a checksum of 0xE463261F

*** System received a Software forced crash ***

signal= 0x17, code= 0x9, context= 0x8000c530

PC = 0x0, Vector = 0x0, SP = 0x0

if I remove the MOD1700-VPN card , it is ok.

Who can tell me why ? Urgent and thank you

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

Instead of your current ios code can you try running your router with some other ios code which can support the VPN Module ?

Have you already explored this option ??

you can very well check up the reqd feature set and version set which you can install up over there..

for more info try this toold to find out the code which can fit in..

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

regds

Yes, I had try different IOS , actually , the previous IOS is 12401a with FW/IDS/ADSL/3DES/IP Plus Feature set, got crashed , so , I chance the tools and fould a Advanced security feature set IOS. but ,crashed and reload 3 times and then go into Rommonitor mode . just like the previous IOS image does.

Now , I supposed it is memory problem , can any Cisco Engineer verified it for me , cause I can't find any tools which can analized the following mesg:

"*** System received a Software forced crash ***

signal= 0x17, code= 0x9, context= 0x8000c530

PC = 0x0, Vector = 0x0, SP = 0x0 "

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card