cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Domain name filed is empty when I run the unity permission wizard

elvinliang
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Domain Controller on a Win2000Advance server with Exchange 2000, I try to install Unity on another Win2000 Advance server with SQL 2000, but when I run the Unity permission wizard, the Domain name filed for create new users an groups is empty, I was unable to choose the domain, I installed everything step by step, anybody know what is the problem? thx

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you logged on to the unity server as a domain admin? Are there any netlogon errors in the windows system event logs>

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please read the requirements for the account that runs PW. Running Permissions Wizard When Subscribers Are Homed in Exchange 2003 and/or Exchange 2000 http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW403+/PWHelp_ENU.htm#_Using_Permissions_Wizard_1

Hi -

I would also check to make sure the Domain Controller is also a Global Catalog server. We have previously encountered problems when running the Permissions Wizard if the DC was also not a GC.

Ginger

Thanks gkavan and hinho, I check everything again and found the problem is the DNS. I pointed all these two servers to another DNS server. :) So it can not find the Domain. I changed it back to DC, now is ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: