cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM to CCM

zanini
Level 1
Level 1

Just to know how to set up connection so I can access extension from one CCM to another, using intercluster trunk non-gk. Do i have to setup intercluster in both CCM? and what more?.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll need to setup intercluster trunks and configure route patterns on both CCMs. The route pattern can point directly to the trunk or to a route list containing a route group to which you've added the trunk.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post

Brandon

Yes, but I don´t know if I need something more. Both CCM are 4.1, locations have different extension range, route patterns are set and seem to be working, but no way. Is there something more?

Again Thanks

What happens when you try to make a call between clusters? It's important to remember that the Callmanager servers defined for a given intercluster trunk must correspond to the Callmanager servers that are defined as members of the Callmanager group assigned to the device pool associated with the remote trunk. The reverse must also be true for the configuration of the remote trunk. Please take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008044751e.html#wp1045593

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

We are getting closer but not yet. This is my situation: 2 CCM, on in Spain and other in USA, both are standalone CCM. I need to know what i have to create in each CCM in order to dial between them. I have the trunk created, route patterns working, and missing something because is not working ??

Thanks

Couple of questions that can give you clue where to find the problem:

1. Do the phones' Calling Search Space have access to the route pattern partion?

2. Does the Calling Search space applied to the Trunk have access to the phone's calling search space?

3. What do you have set for significant digits on the Trunk?

4. what does your dial plan look like in Spain and US CCM, is it 4 digit in both locations? What are your route patterns on both sides?

5. What are you hearing when you dial, fastbusy?

Chris

Try using Digit Analyzer to make sure that the call is using the right route pattern.

One more suggestions:

If you have cluster between Spain and US. I strongly recommend to use gatekeeper.

Without Gatekeeper, you cannot control bandwidth usage, it will cause voice quality.

Thanks

Ken

You can use Locations to control bandwidth usage.

Hello All ,

I am having the same problem that Zanini is facing. My setup are as follows :

1 - 2 CCM's Version 3.3(4).

2 - On both CCM Servers i have created Intercluster Trunk Non GK Controlled.

3 - On Each CCM a Route Pattern Points to the Trunk in the Route List Field.

4 - When i try to dial from one side the other Extension on the other side , i receive Fast Busy Tone.

I Will try to delete the Whole Configuration and create it from the Scratch maybe i missed something related to the CSS's and will update you.

Regards

M.Tag

Have you reset the trunk after you created it ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: