Views
Helpful
Replies

IP-Phone Speed Dial for 30Users

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to add a Speed Dial Button for more than 30 User. So they just have to Click the Button on their Phone to Dial this particular Number(same Number for all).

How can i do that, Without the user loggin in http//ccm/ccmuser and doing it their self. And without doing it 30Times for every user using CCM Admin Page.

IP-Phones: 9760

CCM 4.1

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help??????

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

You can use BAT to change the speed dials to all the phones that you want.

Regards,

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jayd000007,

You can use BAT (Bulk Administration Tool) to Add/Update Speed dials for 30 phones. Here is an excerpt from the document:

"Adding or Updating Speed Dials in a BAT Template

You can add and update speed dials in the BAT template.

You can designate speed dials for phones and Cisco VGC phones if the Phone Button Template provides speed-dial buttons

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In the Phone or User Device Profile Template Configuration window, choose the template for which you want to add speed dial(s)

Step 2 Click Add/Update Speed Dials in the upper, right corner of the window.

A popup window displays. In this window, you can designate speed-dial buttons for Cisco IP Phones and expansion modules. The phone button template in use for this BAT template determines the number of available speed-dial buttons.

Step 3 In the Speed Dial Settings for Phone area, enter the phone number, including any access or long-distance codes, in the Speed Dial Number field.

Step 4 In the Label field, enter a label that corresponds to the speed-dial number.

Step 5 In the Speed Dial Settings not associated with a button area, you can set abbreviated speed dials for applicable IP phone models by repeating Step 3 and Step 4.

Step 6 Click Update and Close.

BAT inserts the speed-dial settings in the template, and the popup window closes."

Here is a link to the actual doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803f4f3d.html#wp1207656

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts....

I choose when im in User Device Profile Template Configuration my device Profile and then click ADD/Update SPeed DIal, but this will update this Speed Dial fr All User we have (100User) since we are using same Template for all of them. I want to update it just for 30 User. I just have the Directory Number (from 9510 to 9540) so how can i do that?

Can Please someone help me on this.

Thanks

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I have tried the following in my laboratory and worked perfectly:

Exported the phones with All Details. Open the file and you will something like this on the .txt file

<>12345,forum<>

So your speed dial at this moment is 12345 and the Description is forum, you can edit that file manually to change the speed dials for all the phones on that file, save the file.

Then delete the phones from CCM and import them again with this new file and the phones will contain the speed dial that you just modify (only on the users that you modify)