Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

CME-3725 SERIES

Unanswered Question
Feb 20th, 2006
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hey,

im trying to spec. a cme solution for a customer. right now they have 60 users with growth to maximum 120. voice mail should be provided for all. im looking at the 3725 series and i know from the documentation it can support up to 144. but, im using the configurator tool an im not seeing the option. do i add two feature licenses to amount desired?. meainng 1 96 user and 1 24 user?. also, im seeing that with the cue network module it offers up to 120 mailboxes which would be great. 20 of those however are GDM. from a solution standpoint do you guys think i can go with the cue or should i consider UNITY. im competing with avaya solution and they are definitely interested,but the price difference is big.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Jeff Garner Mon, 02/20/2006 - 12:10
User Badges:

Yah you are supposed to order FL-SRST-144=

However the configuration tool does not have that as an option...

thisisshanky Tue, 02/21/2006 - 11:11
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Why not spec out a 3825 instead of 3725 ?

If going with 3725, you will need to add

FL-CCME-144 to the base 3725 model.

CUE (NM) can support upto 100 mailboxes and 20 GDM on version 2.1. These 20 GDMs can be reconfigured as regular mailboxes making it a total of 120. If your user count is at 120 (considering future expansion from 60 to 120) you should be ok, but adding an extra user is not possible.

I keep hearing rumours that future versions of CUE should support up to 240 users. Lets hope that happens.

Have you also look at Unity Connection ? Its a standalone voicemail box and can be installed in < 30 minutes.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts@!

a.gooding Wed, 02/22/2006 - 06:28
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Very good suggestions,

ive taken into consideration all these aspects, and honestly, the customer is not sure if they would be needing the extra services. i dont want to quote them a price and lose the Bid. i have explained to them what the systems capabilities are at this point and even recommended Unity integration for the future if need be.

i was also hearing the support for upto 240 users but im not too confident of that. i suppose we will see.

Unity connection- read about it, not in depth, im going to check it out in more detail...

thanks a mil for the reply...

Actions

This Discussion