cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity express redirected number

markanthony
Level 1
Level 1

Sometimes our receptionist leaves and wants to forward the reception phone to someone else in the office. However, when she does so and the other person does not answer the phone it goes to her voicemail and not receptions. Is there a way to send it to the original called number or redirected-number (receptions in this case) voicemail?

I am running CUE 2.1

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUE *only* has the ability to use the last redirected number (LRN), not the original called number (OCN). In CUE 2.3, I believe, support will be added for OCN; however there may also be some dependencies on the switch (i.e. CalManager Express/Callmanager version).

I have CUE 2.3.1 and need this capability as well. Are you aware if redirecting to the OCN is available now?

Hi Deborah,

This feature is now available in CUE 2.3 have a look;

Mailbox selection

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward. SIP phones are not supported.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Express 2.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/prod_release_note09186a0080679b50.html

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option.

For example, suppose caller A calls user B's extension, which forwards the call to user C, who does not answer the phone. The call goes to voice mail. User B's extension is the OCN and user C's extension is the LRD. If the system is configured with the OCN option, the system stores the message in user B's mailbox. If the system is configured with the LRD option, the system stores the message in user C's mailbox.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express 2.3 GUI Administrator Guide

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/unityexp/rel2_3/cue_cli/ch3sys.htm#wp1075610

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts............

Fantastic... thanks, Rob!