cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing subscribers from Unity

dparal
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best practice to remove a subscriber from Unity. The user account needs to remain in AD

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You can remove the subscriber using the Unity SA. Search for the subscriber and when it appears - Profile page, press the Red X button to delete. This removes the subscriber from the Unity database and the Unity specific properties from the User account, but does not delete either the account or associated inbox. Note: If there are call handlers, interview handlers, etc. owned by the user to be deleted, you may be prompted to reassign the call handlers to another user. Depends on what you've coded on the System Configuration - Substitute Objects section of the Unity SA.

Ginger

When I try to delete this subscriber I get the following message:

One or more substitute objects for this subscriber are invalid. This could result in database corruption if you delete this subscriber.

I checked the substitue objects and there isn't anything there. ????

Hi -

The default should be Example Administrator, unless you prefer to have another account take ownership. On your Unity SA, go to System - Configuration and navigate to the bottom of the web page. Select both a recipient and owner. You can press the Select Subscriber button to find one. If you are the admin on the server and also a subscriber, you could use your own account. Or select the Example Administrator for this purpose. Then save. Once you have these settings configured, you can safely delete the subscriber without getting the warning message you did. Also, the default After Message handler and Exit call handler is the Goodbye call handler.

Ginger

That took care of it. Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: