Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

phone key input not working on a callhandler

Unanswered Question
Feb 28th, 2006
User Badges:

Hello iam using unity 4.0 with a callmanager integration. On the unity side ive setup a callhandler to auto answer a call(this work fine) but when i tried to take a message, the callers input phone keys are only recognized by unity for the cisco ip phones and not from common pulse telephones or telephony software. For example when i call the extention of the callhandler i can hear the greeting but when i dial numbers(on common telephones) nothing happens, its like unity dont listen to them. This happens with the Greetings administrator too. Is there something im missing out? help please.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Tue, 02/28/2006 - 16:46
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Which type of GW is interfacing with CCM|Unity.

If H323 check dial-peer statements for dtmf-relay h245 alphanumeric

If MGCP check mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band command

Open Unity --> Tools depot --> Switch integration tool ---> Port status monitor

You should be able to see DTMF[]

Let us know

morrison2006 Wed, 03/01/2006 - 06:49
User Badges:

no dtmf is shown during the trace of the port in port status monitor. How can i check if im using h323 or mgcp ? how can i check the properties if i found the right one?

jarik Tue, 04/11/2006 - 10:31
User Badges:

The reason this isn't working is because dtmf-relay is not enabled on the gateway dial-peer that is handling this call. You need to find the voip dial-peer in the gateway that is sending the call on to call manager and add the command "dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric". This will forward the dtmf tones in the RTP stream so that they can be recognized by Unity.

solomin Mon, 04/17/2006 - 02:51
User Badges:

Common pulse telephones doesn't generate DTMF. So you have to switch telephones in tone mode or change them.

Actions

This Discussion