Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

IOS Gateway destination pattern

Unanswered Question
Mar 1st, 2006
User Badges:

How can I(or how can the IOS Gateway) distinguish a destination-pattern (inside a dial-peer pots) for a local call (i.e. destination-pattern 0.......) from a celullar call (destination-pattern 0...........); I have both defined routing for different voice ports but when the client makes a cellular call, it gets blocked at 0....... ( I mean 7 digits, the 4 digits remaining don't even appear on 7960 IP phone display)....help please

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
anup.anand Wed, 03/01/2006 - 09:53
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You would need to use "T" in your dial-peers to force the router to wait for the entire dialed string before routing the call.

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 0.......T

dial-peer voice 20 pots

destination-pattern 0..........T

Regards,

Anup

jbouwkamp Wed, 03/01/2006 - 10:02
User Badges:

I might be wrong on this one but I thought the T indicates a variable length wildcard, so cell calls would also possibly match the dial-peer voice 10 pots. This would cause cell calls to go out the wrong port. I would avoid the T and use preference commands as in my additional post.

jbouwkamp Wed, 03/01/2006 - 09:56
User Badges:

It sounds like you have two destination patterns that overlap. Ideally you should define the patterns to not overlap at all. If that is not possible then you will need to set the preference on the longer dial peer to be lower(matched first). If someone dials a number that should match the shorter dial peer then they will have to wait until the interdigit timer times out before the call goes through.

Example:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description Match Cell Call

destination-pattern 0...........

perference 1

port x/x

dial-peer voice 2 pots

description Match local call

destination-pattern 0.......

preference 2

port x/x

right now both of your dial peers are probably set to the same default preference of 0 so it matches on the shorter length destination pattern instantly without ever giving a chance for a match on the longer.

I would also recommend setting your inter digit timeout to a shorter value than default if you use this method.

Actions

This Discussion