cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 1300 to use External Antenna

edwardsjj
Level 1
Level 1

On the 1310 bridge, when you enable “External Antenna”, you are then asked to configure the Antenna Gain (dB). I am using a 13.5 dBi Yagi. My question is, what do I enter in this field? The field only lets me use whole numbers. Thank you for any assistance.

3 Replies 3

rhburns
Level 1
Level 1

Fortunately for you, I just finished installing a bridge. The answer is 13. Leave off the .5. Hope this helps!!! Another key factor is making sure to include the username and password under EAP Client username and password. It's not optional if using security; which I'm sure your doing. Have a great one!

Thank you; I have another question I hope you can help me with. This is my first bridge. I'm using 100' antenna cables and there is some extra length. I can not make the cable shorter. My question, is there a major problem with winding up the extra cable in a loop or should I lay it out? Thank you.

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

That field is informational only, it has no bearing on the operation of the bridge.

Seth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card