cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to re-associate a subscriber with the proper AD account

jupchur
Level 1
Level 1

We have a situation where after installing a Unity failover (specifically after running the mailstore configuration) Unity created new accounts in the same OU and child OU for existing Unity subscribers and is now sending VM to the new accounts, not the account that was associated with the subscribers, and the subscriber can no longer retrieve messages from outlook. Adding the second account to the Outlook client is not an option.

We are trying to avoid having to delete all of the subscriber account and re-importing them back into the system with the original mailbox. Is there a way to go into SQL and reassociate the Unity subscriber with the correct AD account? If this can be done we can then forward mail from the new account to the proper accounts, than delete the new account from AD.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out the Migrate Subscriber Data tool on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MigrateSubscriberData.htm

if you're at a fairly recent version of Unity it should do what you want...

Thanks for the quick reply, I found this tool on your web site after posting my question. I gave this a go and had good luck moving the subscriber properties over to the correct user, but the x-merge failed. What permissions are needed for x-merge to work properly? The Unity is 4.05 and Exchange is SP1.

You need to have SA/RA rights on the mailstores (coming from and going to) in question and you need to be able to see the mailstores as well - usually you'll see the error messages kicked out by ExMerge in the exmerge log files and they'll give you a clue as to what's happening - you can also run ExMerge manually on your own (it has it's own GUI) by running the EXE from the \Exchsvr\bin\ directory. The most common problem I see there is folks running this with an account that's a domain admin and/or a member of another group that has explicit deny on the SA/RA access for mailstores - MS has added such restrictions for various groups in SPs over the last few years. The DiRT help goes into some detail on the rights needed for ExMerge - you can check the help off its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DisasterRecoveryTools.htm

jamiescroggins
Level 1
Level 1

When using the Migrate Subscriber Data tool in Unity, I only can see one of our domains. I cannot change or browse so I can get to the correct container. I have used the DCGC tool and changed the DC and resynced with aduc. Why can't I see the other domain? Any suggestions?

Jeff,

Jamie in the above post is the end customer, The tool worked for me in our domain, but we are having trouble making it work in hers.She is seeing the wrong AD domain in the tool and can't see the domain that the Unity server is in. Any suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: