cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Association Rpt, EAP Usernames, WLSM & WLSE

emrecio
Level 1
Level 1

We are slowly migrating all of our APs to use our WLSM (WDS Mode). WLSE sees the WLSMs. Before moving the APs to do mobility groups, the authentications would appear correctly in the WLSE client association report.

However, after moving to the WLSM, i go to "Reports -> Wireless Clients". Under "Client EAP Username" I type in my username (as I am authenticated to the wireless network) and it doesn't show any associated or authenticated information for me.

If, however, I enter in my "Client MAC Address" the station shows up okay, except that there's no "EAP Username".

It's kind of important that we figure out who is logging in where, because the RADIUS server now just has the WLSM logging in, not the actual AP.

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

For this you need to setup a account for the users on the Radius server. The radius server can either be a external server or can be configured on the WLSE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card