cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WinMgmt.exe on IPCC 4x

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have an IPCC Express 4.0(3) installation where the winmgmt.exe process consumes 99% of the processors. Hardware is MCS 7835-H1-CC1 running OS 2000.4.2sr3. The only way I can remedy the problem is to restart the WMI service and eventually the process pegs out again. I have tried disabling WMI logging but this doesn't seem to help.

Let me know if anyone has run into this problem before.

Jason

8 Replies 8

r.stokkel
Level 1
Level 1

I've the exact same problem as described by Jason.

I have 2 MCS 7835H (Active/standby setup)

According to Microsoft, the logging level of WMI should be set on the error level. In my case it was by default already on this level.

Only the active (first IPCC-X) has this problem.

IPCC Express 4.0(3) ENH

CCM 4.1(3) SR5a

It should be great if someone knows an answer on this.

Regards,

Ronald

Hi,

Winmgmt.exe is a core component of client management in Windows. This process initializes when the first client application connects or continuously when management applications request its services.

WindowsR Management Instrumentation (

<

;http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/pnppwr/wmi/default.mspx> WMI) is a component of the MicrosoftR WindowsR operating system that provides management information and control in an enterprise environment. By using industry standards, managers can use WMI to query and set information on

desktop systems, applications, networks, and other enterprise components.

Developers can use WMI to create event monitoring applications that alert users when important incidents occur.

Note: The winmgmt.exe file is located in the C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem folder. In other cases, winmgmt.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm!

Check this with <

;http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager> Security Task Manager.

Regards

Srikanth

Is there a solution or work-around for this problem?

Has anyone lodged a TAC case for this high CPU utilisation of winmgt.exe process.

Anyone have a workaround for this?

If you can try this,

Disable IIS & WWW Publishing services on the OS

Post the feedback

mohsin.kazi
Level 1
Level 1

If you can try this,

Disable IIS & WWW Publishing services on the OS

Post the feedback

jwarnerGB
Level 1
Level 1

There is actually a bug with Microsoft and WMI where when the Event Log gets too big it will cause WMI to peg and not let go of the processor. We have tested this by allowing the server to become 'pegged' and then cleared the event logs ... the system goes back to normal once this happens.

I just got hit by this today...I opened a TAC case, just in case and will post any results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: