cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 switch stacks

Scott Payne
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to the networking world and have some questions.

I have 1 stack of six 3750 switches with a 10.50.3.10 ip address

On the first stack (.10)I have int 6/0/19 , 20 and 21 assigned.

I have a second ip scheme with one switch with an ip of 10.50.3.11

Do I use a smartwise cable to connect the switches even though they have different ip schemes? Or do I use a only a cat 5 to connect the 2 differenet stacks. Also, do I need to configure the 6/0/19, 20 and 21 ports on the second ip scheme. I don't think it is possible now that I am writing this if the smartwise cables are not used. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

I apologize but I am not following you entirely. If you stack the 3750, you must use the stacking port and use the stackwise cable.

You said: I have 1 stack of six 3750 switches with a 10.50.3.10 ip address

>> This would mean you stacked them using the stackwise cable and all these six switches are seen as one single device.

What do you mean by you have int 6/0/19-21 assigned? Assigned them what?

You said: I have a second ip scheme with one switch with an ip of 10.50.3.11

>> Sounds like you have another stack? Because the device will complaint if you address two different interfaces in teh same switch/router to the same subnet (10.50.3.10 and 10.50.3.11), unless these addresses are masked as host but I doubt that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: