cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE restore issue

g-kennett
Level 1
Level 1

We have just upgraded CUE from version 2.1.2 to 2.2.2 which on the whole has gone well. I took a backup of ALL before as recommended, but after the upgrade the Configuration restored fine, but the Data restore fails.

When I look at the backup history it says it fails with a reason of Backupid not found even though it is present on the ftp server.

I have 2 folders where I backup up to one called Configuration_1 and one called Data_1. The Data_1 folder has around 6Mb of Backup files in it which I'm assuming are all the backed up voicemails in. Is this correct? If so, why is this restore failing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Glyn,

I'm sure that you know more about this than I ever will but I thought I would send this along anyways to see if it might help. Are you using the Restore ID revision that is referenced in this excerpt?

Numbering Scheme for Backup Files

Three types of backup requests are available: data only, configuration only, or all. Cisco Unity Express automatically numbers and dates the backup files and identifies the revision number in a backupid field.

Performing different backup types at various times causes different backup IDs for data backups and configuration backups. For example, the last data backup ID might be 3, and the last configuration backup might be 4. Performing an "all" backup might result in a backup ID of 5 for both data and configuration.

When restoring the files, refer to the backup ID for the backup file that you want to use. Use the show backup server command for a list of backup IDs.

Restoring Files

After the backup files are created, you can restore them when needed. Restoring is done in offline mode, which terminates all voice-mail active calls and does not permit new voice-mail calls (auto attendant calls are permitted). You should consider doing the restore when telephone users are least likely to be on the telephone.

Use the show backup server command to locate the backup ID of the file that you want to restore.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. show backup server

2. offline

3. restore id backupid category {all | configuration | data}

4. reload

5. show backup history

DETAILED STEPS

Command or Action Purpose

Step 1

show backup server

Example:

se-10-0-0-0# show backup server

Lists the data and configuration backup files. Look at the backup ID field for the revision number of the file that you want to restore.

Step 2

Example:

se-10-0-0-0# offline

Enters offline mode. All active voice-mail calls are terminated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 3

restore id backupid category {all | configuration | data}

Example:

se-10-0-0-0(offline)# restore id 22 category all

se-10-0-0-0(offline)# restore id 8 category configuration

se-10-0-0-0(offline)# restore id 3 category data

Specifies the backup ID backupid value and the file type to be restored.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 4

reload

Example:

se-10-0-0-0(offline)# reload

Resets the Cisco Unity Express module so that the restored values take effect.

Step 5

show backup history

Example:

se-10-0-0-0# show backup history

Displays the backup and restore procedures and the success or failure of those attempts.

From this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/unityexp/rel2_0/ccmcligd/ch5bkrst.htm#wp1055594

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts...........

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply, but this is the document I worked through. When I do the show backup server command it doesn't show up the Data backup, even tho it is in the backup file.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Glyn

Can you look at (or post) the history.log file from the FTP server? You should see the Last_Backup_Id field as well as Data_lastbackup_index and Configuration_lastbackup_index

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Glyn,

Sorry to hear you are still having problems with this. Another thought I had was that it almost seems that CUE is trying to load the files from the Default Anonymous FTP server instead of the FTP server where they are actually located.Can you check out the following:

software download server

To configure the FTP server address on the Cisco Unity Express module, use the software download server command in Cisco Unity Express configuration mode.

software download server url ftp://server-ip-address[/dir] [username username

password password | credentials hidden credentials]

Syntax Description

url ftp://server-ip-address

IP address of the FTP server.

/dir

(Optional) The FTP directory on the server.

username username

(Optional) Specifies the FTP username. If this option is not used, the default is "anonymous".

password password

(Optional) Specifies the FTP password.

credentials hidden credentials

(Optional) Specifies the encrypted username and password value.

Command Modes

Cisco Unity Express configuration

Command History

Cisco Unity Express Release Modification

This command was introduced.

Examples

The following is an example of setting the server information with just a root directory.

se-10-16-0-0(config)# software download server url ftp://10.19.0.0/

The following is an example of setting the server information with a directory different than the root directory.

se-10-16-0-0(config)# software download server url ftp://10.19.0.0/ftp_dir

The following is an example of setting the server information with a username and password.

se-10-16-0-0(config)# software download server url ftp://10.19.0.0/ftp_dir username

ftpuser password ftppassword

The following is an example of setting the server information with an encrypted credentials string.

se-10-16-0-0(config)# software download server url ftp://10.19.0.0/ftp_dir credentials

hidden

+EdgXXrwvTekoNCDGbGiEnfGWTYHfmPSd8ZZNgd+Y9J3xlk2B35j0nGWTYHfmPSd8ZZNgd+Y9J3xlk2B35jwAAAAA=

Here is a link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00803e98c5.html#wp1279290

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: