Views
Helpful
Replies

One or two modular switches?

conectividade
Level 1
Level 1

Messrs,

How can I determine if I use one or two modular switches?

what Is better one modular switch with redundant power, CPU and two module of each model (2 giga modules, 2 fast modules) or two modular switches with one power, one CPU and one module (of each)?

Exist any cisco document that show how to solve this question?

thanks in advance,

7 Replies 7

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

I'm sorry but what are you trying to find out? Maybe you can start with show version, this command is understood on both CatOS and IOS. Post it and then ask again what you want to find out. Some switches are stackable, some comes in chassis that comes with different kinds of modules, and some are fixed chassis like the catalsyt 3550 and below. They are fixed as they do not accept modules. 3750's are stackable in which you can stack them using the stackwise cables that let you manage more up to 9 3750 in a single CLI via stack.

Bosalaza,

Our net has each componet redundant. So, my switch core could be redundat or not (two chassis)?

thanks,

Renato

You will be the best person to tell whether you have redundancy or not since I do not have any otehr information about your "net".

Please look the cfg attached.

There are a example of our net and what we are thinking about.

thanks,

Renato

The third opition will give you the true redundant model since there are two separate chassis.

Bosalaza,

What doc show the number of fails in 4500 chassis?

What problem could happen in 4500 chassis?

How many reported problems with 4500 chassis?

How can I prove that I need more than one chassis with redudant power and CPU?

thanks,

Renato

You should talk to your local cisco re-seller or Cisco SE for this docs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: