Helpful
Replies

VLAN Bandwidth Management

mansoor_nawaz78
Level 1
Level 1

How we can share a Bandwidth in a VLAN,

I mean share a Bandwidth in a single VALN Clients,

can we do it through a IOS configuration or is there any hardware for this solution,

Note: Currently we are using L3(3550) & L2(2950) switches.

L2 in VTP client Mode, L3 in VTP Server Mode, and all VLANS are creat in L3 Switches.

Thank You

4 Replies 4

nethelper
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

what exactly are you trying to accomplish ? Do you want to assign a certain bandwidth to a single client in a VLAN ?

Regards,

Nethelper

Thank You, for a reply,

I would like to share a Bandwidth between all Clients of VLAN, e.g

If i define a VLAN "320" i apply a fix bandwidth to this VLAN, 256Kbps, now every client of this VLAN share this bandwidth, if 4 Client in VLAN 320, every client share 64K, if 10 Client in 320 VLAN every cleint share 25.6K Bandwidth.

I am waiting for ur reply,

Thank You Again

Hello Mansoor,

understood, thanks for the clarification. I am not sure if this sort of dynamic bandwidth allocation is possible with just the IOS on the 3750. You can definitely police the bandwidth per user, but this would be a static allocation:

policy-map LIMIT_BANDWIDTH

class class-default

police 100000 12500 exceed-action policed-dscp-transmit

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

service-policy output LIMIT_BANDWIDTH

service-policy input LIMIT_BANDWIDTH

This example would limit each port to 100K of traffic, in case more traffic is sent, that traffic would be marked down according to a policed DSCP map...

Regards,

Nethelper

Ok thank you,

I am using this sort of configuration, but i would like to limt the Bandwidth in a VLAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco