cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP and H.323 on seperate FXO ports in same router?

chris.lombardo
Level 1
Level 1

I'm creating a testbed and need to configure H.323 and MGCP on different FXO ports within the same router. I've configured an H.323 gateway on one CCM and an MGCP gateway on another and can make calls VoIP->PSTN via both, but I get inconsistent results on which FXO port the call goes out. I've included my dial-peer config below ... is there something simple I'm overlooking? Perhaps something with the voip dial-peer?

dial-peer voice 2999 voip

description 10.41.5.30 is CCM_1

destination-pattern 2...

session target ipv4:10.41.5.30

dtmf-relay h245-signal

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description H.323 to CCM_1

destination-pattern 9T

no digit-strip

port 2/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

description MGCP to CCM_2

service mgcpapp

destination-pattern 9T

no digit-strip

port 2/0/1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When using MGCP, CCM controls the dial plan, so the following commands are not necessary for the MGCP port and could be causing your inconsistencies.

destination-pattern 9T

no digit-strip

Please see the following quote from the link referenced below.

"Caution: Cisco CallManager controls all dial plan-related configuration elements. Do not configure these elements in the MGCP gateway for MGCP-managed endpoints (those with the application mgcpapp command in the dial peer statement). Do not configure any of these functions:

Under Dial Peers

destination-pattern

session target

Under Voice Ports

connection { plar | tie-line | trunk }"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017787b.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When using MGCP, CCM controls the dial plan, so the following commands are not necessary for the MGCP port and could be causing your inconsistencies.

destination-pattern 9T

no digit-strip

Please see the following quote from the link referenced below.

"Caution: Cisco CallManager controls all dial plan-related configuration elements. Do not configure these elements in the MGCP gateway for MGCP-managed endpoints (those with the application mgcpapp command in the dial peer statement). Do not configure any of these functions:

Under Dial Peers

destination-pattern

session target

Under Voice Ports

connection { plar | tie-line | trunk }"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017787b.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

If you are doing MGCP fallback, you need to configure the dialpeers with destination patterns and such.

See

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a008012ecc6.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: