AD Integration for PA, final decision

Unanswered Question
Mar 28th, 2006
User Badges:

Hello,

Our company has managed a CallManager cluster for about 6 months now, and the customer has been requesting Personal Assistant installed.

The customer does not have an AD integration in place at this time and has a very sophisticated AD setup with groups, OUs, etc.

I have been tasked with discovering what impact an Active Directory integration will have on both our AD network and our voice network. We currently are about 50 users. Furthermore, to get all of the features our of Personal Assistant, is an AD integration required or are there alternatives like phone services or something else.

Thank you, any and all information and feedback is welcome!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lnthompson Tue, 03/28/2006 - 19:23
User Badges:

Be very VERY careful with AD integration when the AD environment is complex.

A lot of it depends on where your CallManager Servers are and what the search base for the users is.

I ran into a situation where the Callmanager was setup in a centralized call processing model, but the AD environment was distributed. The result was a seach base at the root of the forest for Call Manager Users.

DO NOT DO THIS

The way that Microsoft LDAP performs referals for CallManager searches can cause MAJOR issues with how your cluster works.

However, 50 users isn't that many. You likely have one AD Domain and one CallManager cluster. So you aren't going to be concerened with the LDAP referal issue I mentioned above.

Actions

This Discussion