cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Predefined drop list for user define fields in LMS 2.5.1

henniae
Level 1
Level 1

Does LMS 2.5.1 support predefined drop list for user define fields? In LMS 2.2 you had drop down list for the user defined fields that would limit what a user could enter. This was a very useful feature.

It seems to me that a lot of useful features from LMS 2.2 were lost in LMS 2.5.1.

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

I don't think you have a drop down list for user defined fields in lms 2.5.1, check out the following link for configuring user defined fields :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008022f961.html#wp1098599

Sam

Thanks for the link. I understand that there are no drop down list for user defined fields in LMS 2.5.1. I was referring to LMS 2.3. I found the drop down list for user defined fields in LMS 2.3 very useful and was wondering why the feature was not implemented in LMS 2.5.1. I like the feature because it limits what people can add to the user defined fields from the LMS GUI. We use the user defined fields for various codes that we use to link devices in LMS to other management tools so keeping these fields limited to those values is important to me.

As I said earlier, I think LMS 2.5 has some great features and enhancements over LMS 2.3, but some very useful feature of LMS 2.3 were omitted.

If you feel the same I would encourage you to look at my post "Wish list of new features in LMS". I was hoping that this would generate some discussion on the list. I know that CiscoWorks engineers read this list.

Kind Regards

Alan

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

i have same problem, anyone have idea

It has nothing to do with LMS but since I use (an unsupported) Firefox I have a "sort of" dropdown box.

This is due to way that this browser "remembers" the forms and the values you entered last times.

So I have a enhanced dropdown where I cab enter new values or use the ones I entered before.

Cheers,

Michel