Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-1CE1T1-PRI

mpower78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure NM-1CE1T1-PRI card for voice but I don't get any voice ports for pots dial-peers.

Is this module can be configured for voice or only data PRI?

If this module support for voice? how can I configure this?

Thanks in advance

12 Replies 12

Mark Heimbigner
Level 1
Level 1

The NM-1CE1T1-PRI is a data only card. Voice PRI/T1-CAS termination would need to occur on a VWIC.

Mark

As I thought...

Thanks very much for your clarification.

Tae

Hi mheimbig,

Can you send me link to sure "NM-1CE1T1-PRI" is data only card?

Thanks, i will vote for your reply

Hi HD,

Hope all is well with you! Here is a doc that shows the Module as "Data Only",

The versatility of Cisco 2610-51XM, 2800, 2691, 3660, 3700 and 3800 series routers is demonstrated by their broad support of E1/T1 connectivity and Integrated Services Digital Network Primary Rate Interfaces (ISDN PRI). Customers continue to deploy E1 and T1 circuits for Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity, ISDN dial-backup, and digital modem termination in the Power Branch Office Environment. Cisco now makes it possible to terminate T1 and E1 PRI connections in a single network module. Available in single and dual port models, the NM-1CE1T1-PRI and NM-2CE1T1-PRI cards coupled with Cisco 2610-51XM, 2800, 2691, 3660, 3700 and 3800 Series routers, enhance and simplify customers' WAN connectivity options

The Cisco E1/T1 ISDN PRI Network Module's integrated channel service unit (CSU) provides direct connection to the Telecommunications network, thus allowing customers to consolidate customer premises equipment (CPE). This provides multifunction dial access aggregation, routing functionality, VPN and firewall security, and other capabilities right inside the Cisco router in power branch office environments. Both the 1-port and 2-port versions offer support for balanced and unbalanced E1 connectivity and conform easily to customers' specific applications.

The Cisco E1/T1 ISDN PRI network modules also supply connectivity for internal digital modems in the Cisco 3660, 3700 and 3800 series routers, with connectivity options for PRI, T1 channel associated signaling (T1-CAS), and E1-CAS R2 signaling. This provides for a high concentration of V.92-compatible modems, while still allowing expandability for other critical services.

FEATURES AT-A-GLANCE

Cisco IOS Software configurable for T1 or E1 operation

Balanced or unbalanced E1 termination in the same module

Integrated CSU/DSU (channel service unit/data service unit) per port

Full or fractional E1/T1-can be fully channelized

***Supports PRI for data, T1-CAS, and E1-CAS R2 signaling

E1 unframed and framed modes (G.703/G.704) available

Interoperates with NM-xDM digital modem network modules

Bantam (tty) jacks for easy network monitoring

V.54 loopback compatible

Supported on Cisco 2610-51XM, 2800, 2691, 3660, 3700 and 3800 Series routers

Online insertion and removal (OIR) supported on Cisco 3660 3745 and 3845 routers

On-board expansion slot for future technologies

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a0080189f95.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks rob.huffman, i voted 5* for your help

I have installed this module for purpose

If i have PVDM2-64 support 64 voice channel, will 3800 and module NM-2CE1T1-PRI can act as voip gateway with E1 line from PSTN?

( I used this router with port FXO to act as voice gateway)

Can you tell more about digital modem and ISDN voice signal?

Wait for your reply

Thanks again

Hi HD,

Thanks for the nice rating :) This module is not what you want for a Voice gateway :( You will need a VWIC. This module is really used for RAS type Services;

Historically, branch-office connectivity has been synonymous with connecting the local LAN to a regional or central site. With the rapid growth in mobile computing and telecommuting, increasing numbers of branch offices need to provide user-to-LAN access with remote-access capabilities.

Using ISDN PRI or LAN interfaces and ISDN PRI interface modules coupled with Cisco Digital Modem PVDMs, the Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series routers provide the ideal dial access platforms

for branch and enterprise offices

The new Cisco Digital Modem Modules are designed in the PVDM form factor for use in the onboard PVDM slots of the Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series integrated services routers. This design reduces the number of network modules required to support a digital modem solution. It allows digital modem support in the Cisco 2800 Series and opens a network module slot on the Cisco 3800 series that can be used for application services modules or for services not available in other form factors. To provide maximum flexibility to meet different branch size requirements, the Cisco Digital Modem PVDM Modules are available in a variety of densities.

Note: These digital modem modules must operate in conjunction with a T1/E1 Primary Rate Interface (PRI).

The Cisco Digital Modem PVDM Modules in combination with the Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series routers expand the Cisco dial product portfolio and offer a broad range of dial solutions for various customer segments, including small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), enterprise customers, and service providers.

The Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series routers installed with the Cisco Digital Modem PVDMs offer dial access solutions with outstanding flexibility, scalability, manageability, and performance. The Cisco Digital Modem PVDMs are designed to be used in conjunction with the single or dual ISDN PRI network module NM-1CE1T1-PRI (1-Port Channelized E1/T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module) and

NM-2CE1T1-PRI (2-Port Channelized E1/T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module).

The Cisco Digital Modem PVDM Modules are available with 12, 24, and 36 modems per module, which can be installed in any PVDM slot, and they can also be upgraded at the customer premises as easily as upgrading computer memory. This design approach gives customers maximum flexibility to expand their dial-in solutions as the number of remote users increases and business needs change.

Support for 56K modem technology allows users to achieve maximum data transfer rates while

still having access to V.34 technologies, providing fast downloads of Web pages and files. The modems are software upgradeable and can support future standards as they become available.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_data_sheet0900aecd8050918e.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I use PVDM2-64 (High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Module), not PVDM2-64DM

Datasheet of this module:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3115/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016e845.html

If i have router 3825 installed module PVDM2-64, 1 module NM-2CE1T1-PRI, 1 E1 line connect to PSTN, can i config it to act as voip gateway?

Hi conkin,

you have been repeatedly told and shown that NM-2CE1T1-PRI CANNOT be used for VoIP, what leads you to believe that experienced people, and cisco documentation, is wrong ?

Hi bevilacqua,

I don't tell that cisco documentation is wrong,

NM-2CE1T1-PRI is data only card, it Supports "PRI for data, T1-CAS, and E1-CAS R2 signaling

E1 unframed and framed modes (G.703/G.704) available "

NM-2CE1T1-PRI will receive signal from E1, and I have "High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Module" on router, i still can not use it for voip, is right?

If not, explain me more?

(Because i think all E1 interface is use to receive signal from E1 line, and support or not support voip is depend on DSP module installed on router)

(I have High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Module (PVDM2-64), not Digital Modem Modules (PVDM2-64DM))

Wait for your reply

THanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi HD,

I wish that I could tell you that this config was going to work for you, but sadly that is not the case. Sometimes we just have to "bite the bullett" as they say and take our lumps. I do all the time :)

If you look at all the answers and documentation that people have given you (I located and read the other related posts) you will know that this isn't ever going to be what you need. Don't forget that NetPros like Paolo used to work for Cisco on these products for 15 plus years. If someone like him can't help you with a workaround there isn't one to be had!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news here HD so please don't "shoot the messenger"

Take care,

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Don't be angry, I never "shoot the messenger" :)

Reseller sold that config to my company, so i need documentation to make sure it not support voice.

I read all documentation again.

I voted you for help

Take care

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi HD,

No worries my friend :) Any reputable reseller should give you full Trade-In value for this module in trade for the proper VWIC :) Just copy all these threads and attachments and give them to the reseller if you have any problems!

We all get the wrong parts sometimes, it is not that unusual :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: