Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

ssh login on cat4506 switch

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2006
User Badges:

HI All,

I have a 4506 catalyst switch connected in LAN.I have disable the local user telnet but ssh login has to be enabled for some particular LAN users.

I tried by creating a permit list and downloaded a software name "Putty".

Is there anybody who can help me on this right from the scratch.

Thanks

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
imranmohd Sat, 04/01/2006 - 01:28
User Badges:

Hi Bajpai,

Thanks for reply.But the ios in the switch is cat-ios.Would appreciate if u can send some more URL.Even i am trying to find out the informations on net.

Also how do i configure a ssh client.I have a software (Putty.exe) installed on client mahine.

Thanks & Regards

CSCO10662744_2 Mon, 04/03/2006 - 05:33
User Badges:

In my opinion, Cisco should make SSH available on all their devices w/o the need of obtaining an IOS w/ crypto capability.

Everyone knows telnet is insecure, and yet we're stuck configuring our switches through telnet due to the price factor.

imranmohd Tue, 04/04/2006 - 03:16
User Badges:

Hi Prem

Everything related to ip permit is acceptable byswitch But it is not supporting "crypto key rsa... command.

Can you put some light on this.

spremkumar Tue, 04/04/2006 - 04:01
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi Imran

you need to have the correct OS code for Catalyst 4000 Supervisor with SSH support,also as mentioned in the S/W compatiblity page you should have atleast K9 images as of 6.1..

The latest crypto code available is cat4000-k9.7-6-17.bin when compared to the normal code of cat4000-k8.7-6-17.bin..

regds

Actions

This Discussion