Views
Helpful
Replies

ssh login on cat4506 switch

imranmohd
Level 1
Level 1

HI All,

I have a 4506 catalyst switch connected in LAN.I have disable the local user telnet but ssh login has to be enabled for some particular LAN users.

I tried by creating a permit list and downloaded a software name "Putty".

Is there anybody who can help me on this right from the scratch.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

ybajpai
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a URL for you:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/ssh.shtml

make sure you have a crypto IOS supporting ssh though.

Hi Bajpai,

Thanks for reply.But the ios in the switch is cat-ios.Would appreciate if u can send some more URL.Even i am trying to find out the informations on net.

Also how do i configure a ssh client.I have a software (Putty.exe) installed on client mahine.

Thanks & Regards

In my opinion, Cisco should make SSH available on all their devices w/o the need of obtaining an IOS w/ crypto capability.

Everyone knows telnet is insecure, and yet we're stuck configuring our switches through telnet due to the price factor.

Hi Prem

Everything related to ip permit is acceptable byswitch But it is not supporting "crypto key rsa... command.

Can you put some light on this.

Hi Imran

you need to have the correct OS code for Catalyst 4000 Supervisor with SSH support,also as mentioned in the S/W compatiblity page you should have atleast K9 images as of 6.1..

The latest crypto code available is cat4000-k9.7-6-17.bin when compared to the normal code of cat4000-k8.7-6-17.bin..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: