cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961G-GE CME 4.0 compatibility issues

mahmuod
Level 1
Level 1

I have 7961G-GE registered to CME4.0, with 7.0.3.0S Firmware loaded on the phone.

The main problem right now is, when I dial an outside number, I hear static noise while rining-and only during ringing.

Also, the phone is looking for g3-tones.xml and mk-sccp.jar files from router. I guessed I should map g3-tones to 7960-tones.xml in system:/its... but what about mk-sccp.jar?

Thanks!

17 Replies 17

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Mahmoud,

Is this happening to all the 7961s?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

yeah... i have two connected, one with 7914 and one without... both have the same static issue.

by the way i'm using 12.4.4.XC1, and PSTN is ISDN PRI to a national switch (Verizon).

It only happens when calling ISDN, ext-to-ext is working just fine...

mwenger
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem with the 7961G (and also the 7941G) with 7.0.3.0S firmware looking for g3-tones.xml and mk-sccp.jar. I'm also running CME 4.0 on IOS 14.4(4)XC1. Where do I get these files from?

I have tried copying system:its/switzerland/7960-tones.xml to flash:g3-tones.xml and enabling it with the "tftp-server flash:g3-tones.xml" command, but it still doesn't find it.

I have tried upgrading to phone firmware 8.0 but the problem remains. The consequence of this is that I can't use localization (everything remains US English, dialtones and texts on the screen).

Sorry, I can't help you with the static noise issue.

Thanks

-Manuel

Upgrading to version 8 was my next step, but if it didnt fix your issue, I will probably skip it. So you dont have any static noise issues at all?

If you are working on localization, i think you need to use "locale" commands. Have you used them? it doesnt fix?

If you want to use 7960-tones.xml instead of g3-tones, just create an alias with tftp-server command. That'll do it, my phone now loads g3-tones, but still no idea for mk-sccp.jar... i guess mk-sccp.jar is not related to tones, so it's not my biggest concern right now...

Ok, I found the solution to static noise.

tftp-server system:/its/united_states/7960-tones.xml alias /g3-tones.xml

That fixed the static noise issue!

No, I don't have the static noise issue.

I have used the "locale" commands like this:

telephony-service

user-locale IT

network-locale CH

I need the display language to be in Italian, and I need to use Swiss ringing tones. The tftp-server alias command actually works, thank you!

But when the phone boots, when trying to apply the locales, the error message "Error updating locale" briefly appears, and the menu buttons are still in English.

If I look at the phone's console logfile, that's what I get:

10:43:00.345680 TFTP: Requesting Italian_Italy/mk-sccp.jar from 192.168.1.1

10:43:00.351260 TFTP: Error --> No such file

10:43:00.388096 Unable to process LocaleProperty 'device.settings.config.localization.userlocale'

I think mk-sccp.jar is needed for menu button text localisation (ie. user locale).

Anyone? I have no idea how to fix this, I have tried almost everything. And that mk-sccp.jar file seems to be unknown to Google and to the entire Cisco.com website.

You are absolutely right about mk-sccp.jar, it's the reason u see that locale error.

I've checked all you've checked for that file too, the only other suggestion which I was going to check (but didnt) is, I guess mk-sccp.jar is part of call manager or call manager localization package. If you check Cisco's voice download section, there're some packages there. I couldnt install cause it asks for an installed version of CM, but still, if you dont have CM, you can run it till it extracts all its files, check the temporary directory that it has decompressed its files, and see if you can find that file there... The first file i was gonna try was li-ffr.4-1-3-sr1.exe (Cisco Unified Call Manager Locale Installer)...

You are right! The mk-sscp.jar is in that file. Precisely in the Data/TFTPFiles/User directory where the installer extracts its temporary files. Thank you!

After copying it to the flash, remember issuing this command:

tftp-server flash:mk-sccp.jar alias Italian_Italy/mk-sccp.jar

(don't put a "/" in front of the directory name, for some reason the phone looks for the file in a relative, and not in an absolute path).

mbastianello, did you issue the tftp alias command? Without this, the menus are half English, half Italian.

-Manuel

Yes, sure. I have issude that command, but button still in english and menus in italian. Any idea ? Thanks in advance.

This looks like a bug somewhere. My phones now are in Italian, except the softbuttons (Redial, NewCall, CFwdAll,...). These are still in English. I have checked inside the mk-sccp.jar file, and they are translated correctly in the ca-s-dictionary.utf8.xml file. But the phone doesn't apply the translations. All other translations are applied correctly.

I have opened a TAC case for this.

Yes! thanks you for the hint!

I have the mk-sccp.jar file, you fill find here attached, but this solve only half of the problem.

Now the phone attachet to my CME 4.0 are partialy italian and partialy english....

I think this should be posted as a bug or an upgrade request to Cisco, or they should mention it somewhere for CME too.

If anybody here can send me mk-sccp.jar for United States too, that will help me get rid of error message here too!

For mixed English/Italian menus, check debug logs and see if everything has loaded correctly... Maybe your phone is still missing some files.

Here you are, the file attacched is from my CM 4.1(3).

Cisco reply to my TAC case saying that 794G1/7961G on CME 4.0 doesn't support localization until late this year...so we have to do some "home made" solution. Now I try to sniff traffic from 7941G and CM 4.1(3) to see what the phone ask and download from the full CallManager.

Oh, so we both opened a TAC case... I also got the same reply from Cisco, about localization not being supported. If you find out how we can do this home-made while waiting for official support, I'd appreciate it. I don't have a "big" CM to test with unfortunately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: